North Hills: Raleigh’s “Midtown” Community
North Hills is a residential community located in Northern Raleigh. Sometimes referred to as Raleigh’s “Midtown”, it boasts an unrivaled location, luxury homes, and a lengthy list of highly desirable recreational amenities. Over the years, North Hills has maintained a reputation for being a great community to purchase a home, raise a family, and live.
North Hills General Neighborhood Information
Location: Lassiter Mill Road Raleigh, NC 27609
Price range: $200,000-$1,000,000
Size Range: 1,750-4,000 sq. ft
Schools: Wake County Public Schools; Brooks Elementary School, Carroll Middle School, Moore Square Museum Middle School, Sanderson High School
Amenities: North Hills Shopping Center, North Hills Club, City of Raleigh Parks system
A Track Record For Quality-Designed and Well-Built Homes
North Hills is one of the premier spots to live in Raleigh. The North Hills community has a variety of residential homes, condos, townhomes, and apartments. From sprawling estate homes on large private lots to cozy and quaint cottages tucked into convenient suburban streets–you’re sure to find a home that meets your needs.
North Hill homes can range from 1,750 to 4,000 square feet of living space and can sell for anywhere between $200,000 to $1,000,000. While many of the homes in the North Hills community were built in the 1960s, most have been well maintained and refurbished with modern tastes in mind. See what we suggest you consider when it comes to buying new vs. old homes.
Homes offer features you’ll love including:
- Stainless steel appliances
- Open floor plans
- Lofty ceilings
- Covered porches
- Walk-in closets
- Expansive garages
- Large and lushly landscaped lawns
- Shiplap accent walls
- Designer light fixtures
- Butcher block counters
- Recessed LED lighting
- Built-in shelves
- Hardwood floors
Life in North Hills is one of urban convenience and excitement while at the same time, relaxing and quiet. What do we mean by urban convenience? The location of this community couldn’t be more ideal.
The Best Of Raleigh, Close To “Home”
The North Hills area of Raleigh has grown significantly in recent years due in part to the expansion of the North Hills shopping center. The “North Hills Mall’ originally opened in the 1960s. Over the years, renovations have helped the area transform into an upscale shopping, fine dining, business hub popular with many Raleigh locals.
- Numerous large businesses including Captrust Financial, Bank Of America, Suntrust, Allscripts, and KPMG to name a few. (Future development plans are extensive and include new towers which will bring even more employment opportunities to the North Hills area.)
- Target, Harris Teeter, Walgreens, Total Wine
- High-end and specialty clothing, jewelry, furniture, accessories, sporting stores.
- Ample dining options including Bartaco, Ben & Jerry’s, Bonefish Grill, Chik-fil-A, and Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
- Hair, nails, and lash spas
- Boutique gyms and large fitness centers
- Kings Dining & Entertainment and Regal Cinemas
- And so much more.
With the growth of the North Hills Shopping Center came residential development too. Now, this area is populated with both new and established neighborhoods. Residents of the North Hills neighborhoods enjoy living within close proximity to not only the North Hills Shopping Center but to:
- I-440 (The Beltline) and I-540
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- Duke University, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University
- Other popular Raleigh shopping centers like the Triangle Town Center and Crabtree Valley Mall.
- Downtown Raleigh for nightlife, dining, shopping, events, museums, and more.
- Raleigh parks, tennis courts, playgrounds, recreation facilities, and walking trails.
- Great destinations like the Carolina beaches, Appalachian Mountains, Charleston, SC, Greenville, SC, Washington D.C and more.
All Access: The North Hills Club
In addition to the long list of dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreational options available in the area–North Hills residents can also take advantage of the North Hills Club.
First opened in 1961 with just three tennis courts and a family pool, the North Hills Club has matured considerably over the years. Today, the full-scale family-centric club boasts membership numbers of more than 825 families, some of the best tennis and swim facilities in the area, and a reputation for friendly service, great youth programs, tasty dining options, and much more.
North Hills Club features include:
- Fitness center with state of the art equipment, adult fitness activities, individual training sessions, men’s and women’s locker rooms, and steam rooms
- Tennis club with courts, youth programming, professional adult training, and competitive conditioning (note that tennis is woven heavily through the culture of the club)
- Youth camp programs and a calendar of special events for kids of all ages
- Executive Boardroom, lounge, grille, and ballroom with staff, event planners, multimedia equipment available to host all types of gatherings
- Aquatics complex with lap pool, resort-style kiddie pool with splash fountains, large swimming pool with water slide, dive board, competition swim lanes, lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas, private poolside pavilions
- Dining options include The North Hills Club Grille and The Lounge at the North Hills Club. (Catering options are also available)
Become a Resident of North Hills, Raleigh
While there are many growing residential areas of Raleigh, North Hills is certainly one of the most popular among buyers today. When you consider all the area has to offer–it’s easy to understand why.
At Spencer Properties, we take pride in our experience with the Raleigh Real Estate market. As Raleigh locals ourselves, we’ve seen the exponential growth of the city and the communities that it’s made up of. The opportunity to get you into one of the many great Raleigh neighborhoods excites us! If you’re ready to purchase your next home, view our current listings or reach out to our team to set up an appointment.